About the College
Khalsa College, the premier institute of higher learning, was established by the leaders of the Singh Sabha Movement in 1892. They were inspired by the lofty ideals of the great Gurus. They planned it to be a growing institution which would strive forever to achieve high degree of excellence of mind and body for the welfare of the youth. The architectural grandeur of its buildings and layout of its campus clearly demonstrates the "will" of its founders. The Society has 15 Colleges of repute for higher learning in different areas.
Khalsa College Society established College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences in 2009 to develop technically sound human resource in the field of veterinary health, animal production and management to cater to the increasing demand of veterinarians in the State. The institution was granted NOC by the Punjab Government to establish a new College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences at Amritsar to start B.V.Sc. & A.H. (Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry) 5-year programme. Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University accorded affiliation to the college in 2010 and VCI granted permission to admit students at this college. Khalsa College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Amritsar is the 1st Private Veterinary College to start within the state of Punjab. The College has modern infra-structure and equipments including Teaching Veterinary Clinical Complex (TVCC) and well-equipped laboratories as per VCI and University norms. The College has capacious, well ventilated library with sufficient books, periodicals and scientific journals.
The College having 125 acres of land adjoining to Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU) campus is located on Ram Tirth Road, about 4 km. from Amritsar Railway Station, 6 km. from Bus Stand and 13 km. from Guru Ram Das International Airport, Rajasansi, Amritsar.